Skip to main content

Me and Myself

Being myself in my own essence
For the raw real me
Without any labels
As nature gently unravels
My tender petals yearning to unfurl themselves
To reveal
That pure hidden me.

The chill sunset breeze
Tenderly caressed my cheeks
Ruffled my hair playfully
And dried those sorrowful tears
Flowing down my cheeks
Made my face break into a wide grin
A bridge between my heart and my spirit
A reflection of my own soul
Drenched in pure bliss

While the soft glimmer of dusk
Cuddling me warmly
Basking in the heavenly glow
The beautiful golden streaks of gloaming
In the crimson sky
Like washes of paint
On the canvas of His
From the divine brushes of the Almighty

While the Sun sunk down the horizon
Like a drop of golden honey trickling down the edge
Leaving behind a serene blanket of soft darkness
For me to snuggle in

Only to soar up again later
As a tiny speck of light
A glimmering ray of hope
A deserved blessing
To fix your mistakes of yesterday
To put the best foot forward today
To reap your fruit tomorrow

Just before my inner voice is drowned out by cacophony
Just before I fade into a mere blur amidst the madness of the crowd
Which I surely will
I choose to click pause from the confusion
To go offline on the busy network of life

I choose to dwell in the moment.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby footprints on time

Hello readers! Here's some really exciting and heartwarming news - Fledgling is turning one! No matter how many things we have done or achieved, those 'first-times' always capture a special place in our hearts. That first-time element is what drove me to write this thoughtful letter to my soul. This post marks one of my most emotional moments, hitting a new milestone with my most cherished partner in this journey, my dear Fledgling. It's been a year since we hatched open, taking a first glimpse of the outside world as soft sunshine peeked in at dawn. Now, before we knew it, we had started flying across the cliffs! It has been an amazing roller-coaster ride this year, definitely not one without potholes and bumps. But the thrill of turning one with something I hadn't even considered urges me to write more and more, as thoughts and feelings gush through. This journey has been a passionate one and we have also remarkably improved over the months of over ...

My Quiet Hours Doodling

(Doodle by author) Those strokes hold some power over my soul. Every stroke of black ink on the paper carries my flow of zen. I feel my zen flowing through the bold lines of ink, as it seeps into the thin paper and leaves an imprint on the next page, like a faint footprint of time on a page left unwritten, a sliver of the blank pages of the future. I feel my throbbing anger, roaming curiosity and emotion trapped within drain from my veins and flow out like ink. It calms the raging storm within, liberates the compressed frustration, when emotion and doubt cloud my sight, when I cannot quite find answers to questions within. I let it take form. I let my mind and soul wander on paper, and they imprint traces of great wars fought in turmoil. I let the strokes clash into one another; some overshadow others, some lie far apart. Yet, the raw self cannot bear rules. I let the imperfections rule the paper, and that is what makes me raw, real and human. In the end, the wild strokes embrace and I...

Saffron

The snow of the mountains, still Bear the scarlet stains of your final act, The crisp, solemn winter air of Pinglan, still Stands a witness to the last moments of greatness. Even on your human case crumbling, The brilliance of your sacrifice Shone through the valiant bullet wounds. No matter the ages that trudge through, The rousing drum of your strength, Bravery amid paralysing pain, Strength amid the chaos, The sincerity of your offering, Like that of the great Kunwar Singh, Will echo in my heart for a lifetime. Your willing welcome of the last second, Pushes me to transcend the trivialities of life, And readily sacrifice what man holds on to, For a purpose greater than myself Or anything that I call my own. The unfathomable love and pride you nurtured For the soil that we shared, Stirs my soul to rise to the occasion, And fight till the very end,  Even if it meant sacrificing myself. As you arrived home, after months of separation Wrapped in streaks of saffron and emerald, Our h...