Skip to main content

Appa

Every time I drowned in tears of sorrow
Your finger wiped them away

Every time I was in pain
Your heart suffered in silence

Every time I was weighed down by heavy clouds
You made my day sunny with your smile

Every time I was on the verge of losing heart
You patted me on my back and
Helped me unlock my true potential

Every time I crumbled in defeat
Your words gave me strength
To get back up yet again

Every time you planted a kiss
Your beard often pricked my cheek
I still enjoy it
Being smothered in love.

When I shattered into tiny fragments
You picked up every piece of me
And stuck them back together again
With the glue of love.


I could always pour my worries out
Share my darkest secrets deep within
And not be worried about being judged
For you were always willing to lend me your ear
A shoulder to cry on.

Every time I succeed
You were the first one to celebrate

Every time I was in need
You were the last person to leave

You accepted my quirks
And understood me deeply

Even if the world tries to crush me
I know you will stand by me
You always have, you do and you always will.

You were always the one
Who never showed your emotions

You were the father
Who always swelled with pride
In every mention of his daughters

You are that gem in my hand
The celestial gem with powers
That almost always went unnoticed
Like a pinch of salt in food
Constant yet forgotten.

Your words of strength and power
Stay etched in my heart
And ring in my ears always
Your words,

This too shall pass.



#fathersday   #dadaughter  #appaluv   #mydadmyhero

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Quiet Hours Doodling

(Doodle by author) Those strokes hold some power over my soul. Every stroke of black ink on the paper carries my flow of zen. I feel my zen flowing through the bold lines of ink, as it seeps into the thin paper and leaves an imprint on the next page, like a faint footprint of time on a page left unwritten, a sliver of the blank pages of the future. I feel my throbbing anger, roaming curiosity and emotion trapped within drain from my veins and flow out like ink. It calms the raging storm within, liberates the compressed frustration, when emotion and doubt cloud my sight, when I cannot quite find answers to questions within. I let it take form. I let my mind and soul wander on paper, and they imprint traces of great wars fought in turmoil. I let the strokes clash into one another; some overshadow others, some lie far apart. Yet, the raw self cannot bear rules. I let the imperfections rule the paper, and that is what makes me raw, real and human. In the end, the wild strokes embrace and I...

Baby footprints on time

Hello readers! Here's some really exciting and heartwarming news - Fledgling is turning one! No matter how many things we have done or achieved, those 'first-times' always capture a special place in our hearts. That first-time element is what drove me to write this thoughtful letter to my soul. This post marks one of my most emotional moments, hitting a new milestone with my most cherished partner in this journey, my dear Fledgling. It's been a year since we hatched open, taking a first glimpse of the outside world as soft sunshine peeked in at dawn. Now, before we knew it, we had started flying across the cliffs! It has been an amazing roller-coaster ride this year, definitely not one without potholes and bumps. But the thrill of turning one with something I hadn't even considered urges me to write more and more, as thoughts and feelings gush through. This journey has been a passionate one and we have also remarkably improved over the months of over ...

Saffron

The snow of the mountains, still Bear the scarlet stains of your final act, The crisp, solemn winter air of Pinglan, still Stands a witness to the last moments of greatness. Even on your human case crumbling, The brilliance of your sacrifice Shone through the valiant bullet wounds. No matter the ages that trudge through, The rousing drum of your strength, Bravery amid paralysing pain, Strength amid the chaos, The sincerity of your offering, Like that of the great Kunwar Singh, Will echo in my heart for a lifetime. Your willing welcome of the last second, Pushes me to transcend the trivialities of life, And readily sacrifice what man holds on to, For a purpose greater than myself Or anything that I call my own. The unfathomable love and pride you nurtured For the soil that we shared, Stirs my soul to rise to the occasion, And fight till the very end,  Even if it meant sacrificing myself. As you arrived home, after months of separation Wrapped in streaks of saffron and emerald, Our h...