Skip to main content

Mirage

I bolted awake, completely drenched in shimmering droplets of sweat on my forehead. To this moment, I am not very sure what awakened me. As I wearily reached out to my glasses on the oak nightstand, my heart skipped a beat. To my disbelief, my hand passed through the bedside table as if it were made of nothing but gas.

Moments later, I found out that it was not only the table that was no longer solid, but also my hand.
Ten silent seconds passed. I was really panicking. I felt a warm, misty feeling go all through me, turning myself into a mere blurry haze.

I was anxious and also equally puzzled. So I counted my footsteps and tried to make little to no noise. Little did I know that something unforgettable was in store for me. Let me explain.


As I tip-toed towards the door , I heard a peculiar noise which went something like, "whoosh-tick-tick-poof"💨👻  With every step, the noise seemed to get closer.....things started to get creepy.
It was pitch black outside. Though it is said that we have only five senses, I could feel the presence of someone else in the room.My heart was thumping out loud, praying for the best.

Few seconds later, I could hear footsteps. Booming footsteps. I quickly adjusted my glasses and tried to focus but I just couldn't. My glasses were misting up.

Just then, two cold, rough hands dripping with blood emerged from the walls, gripped my neck violently, thwacked my head against the wall and suffocated me!

"AAH!", I shrieked in fear.  Those treacherous hands had a wicked intent, that was for sure. I gave my best shot and tried to wriggle out of the almost-my-end grip.  I was constantly running out of breath and found myself reeling out of control.



Somehow, I mustered just the amount of strength to overpower and save myself. After a long, hard scuffle, I tried my best to free myself from its tight grasp that did not let go of my neck. At last, I succeeded and grabbed a knife to chop those devilish hands off.

I dashed towards the main door at top speed. My legs were sprinting like never before. Just as I was about to make the final step towards the door, I was being dragged mercilessly despite my cries and pleas.

My body felt battered and I was badly bruised. I just couldn't differentiate between reality and fantasy. It was all so confusing.Everything was out of focus. I somehow staggered my way through the living room.Then, I found myself  wavering and my eyes playing tricks on me....I collapsed.





The next thing I remember was lying in a hospital bed among sirens. Later, I got to know from the doctor that I had had a horrible hallucination due to severe stress. Sure enough, unexpected outcome out of four nights of  last-minute prep for the presentation and three nights of binge-watching 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Terrific Twelve!

Hi guys! I have crossed yet another milestone! Today, I'm turning twelve! From the time I was in my mother's womb till this very moment, these twelve years have been absolutely exciting and adventurous. The experiences I've had have taught me life's greatest lessons that will always be in my pocket throughout my journey. Turning twelve is often viewed as one of the biggest milestones in a person's life (stepping into tweenhood and much closer to teenage) as it is the last birthday one celebrates as a child and also the first one feeling like a tiny adult! Though I like thinking and planning ahead like an adult would, I still feel, learn and create with the heart of a nine-year-old perhaps. The innocence and creativity of a kid is always greater than the arrogant know-it-all attitude of a teen or adult. I definitely do feel much more matured by thought and response today. I have evolved as a person. Hitting twelve, I suddenly feel so grown up (alm

Baby footprints on time

Hello readers! Here's some really exciting and heartwarming news - Fledgling is turning one! No matter how many things we have done or achieved, those 'first-times' always capture a special place in our hearts. That first-time element is what drove me to write this thoughtful letter to my soul. This post marks one of my most emotional moments, hitting a new milestone with my most cherished partner in this journey, my dear Fledgling. It's been a year since we hatched open, taking a first glimpse of the outside world as soft sunshine peeked in at dawn. Now, before we knew it, we had started flying across the cliffs! It has been an amazing roller-coaster ride this year, definitely not one without potholes and bumps. But the thrill of turning one with something I hadn't even considered urges me to write more and more, as thoughts and feelings gush through. This journey has been a passionate one and we have also remarkably improved over the months of over

Simplicity of truth

Hello everyone! Do you believe in miracles? Well, I didn't until last week. So read on to know my story. Just a couple of days ago, I had my first book fair experience and unexpectedly bumped into some of my favorite authors and orators. My eyes scanned every stall for the novels I had listed the day before and for the posters I had wanted for my bedroom. I did manage to get my hands on a couple of novels at Penguin and many other publications but only after a few hours did the magic happen! Notionpress' contest rush notice somehow caught my eye and I instinctively walked in to enquire on that. That's when I met my now-mentor Ms. Meera Barath, the mind behind Mayaakatha, an engrossing collage of thought bubbles. I had no idea she was an author, so I walked up to her and told her that I was searching for a new writer to explore and whether she could help me find some. That's when she took me to the stand where several copies of Mayaakatha were placed. S