Skip to main content

A motherly embrace

Most heroes we see on the big screen swim in money and fame, thrash goons and reduce larger-than-life tasks to dust. These heroes and their trivial might not stay in our mind for long, for we mostly just scoff and call it imaginary. But what if I tell you that there actually is a hero among us, who cares deeply about the people around her and actually makes an impact in people's lives?


Our hero comes from the tiny Vinayagapuram Street in Surapet, Chennai. Sujatha, or Suja Ma as she is affectionately called by local residents, is truly a hero in her society. She is no person born with a silver spoon, yet she is a celebrity among the residents in the street, with every one knowing her residence. We all wonder about the story behind this wonderful human being. Read on to learn more about our Surapet Superwoman.

Our hero was leading a simple life of a common woman (and she still does.) She noticed the society around her was changing and evolving. Her eyes fell upon a fast-growing problem around her. She noticed more and more working parents were wallowing in guilt, not being able to spend enough time with their children. The mother in her woke up to what she considers her divine call, her path of devoted work. That was the moment when she set her heart to her new journey and there has been no looking back ever since.

Mother's Care is the biggest brainchild of this loving human being. It is her daycare centre which she is best known for. She takes in children whose parents work for long hours and raises them tenderly, much to our joy.


As I visit Mother's Care, I see children as old as 15 and as young as 4. After a jovial conversation with the children, I learn that Ms. Sujatha has been tending to these teens after school ever since they were toddlers of hardly four or five. Almost a decade on, the children and their smiles energize her and keep her going. The way she cares for them with motherly affection and the protective bond she and the children share touches me deeply.


Her children too carry their mother's traits. Both her children are equally affectionate and loving to the kids and connect in a way no siblings can. Her daughter, now married and mom of a baby girl, still keeps in touch with the children and helps her mother out while the children at the daycare love playing with her baby daughter.


Ms. Sujatha, nothing short of a superhero, is the local iron lady of her community. She is the strong support system of all working parents in her locality, carrying their burden of guilt and in turn, filling the void in the child's mind. She is the sole assurance, the person you can count on and the reason why scores of working parents in the locality leave their children confidently at Mother's Care, knowing that even in their absence, their little ones are in the right hands.

She keeps proving time and again, that nothing can be a hurdle to helping people out and caring for one another selflessly when you have a loving heart. Ms. Sujatha, the Surapet Superwoman, is our featured hero this September. This is a tribute to one of the most inspirational women I see around me.

P.S - She is also one of the first people along with my family who supported me with my writing and encouraged me to write and express myself more and motivated me to achieve my dream. She presented Rs.500 as her token of encouragement, which I will always treasure. 

What other reason does one need to celebrate our #SurapetSuperwoman?


#ironlady  #wonderwoman  #femalepower  #SelflessHero #HipHipHooray  #SurapetSuperwoman








Comments

  1. Lovely write-up. I could second every thing written in the article. She indeed is a Superwoman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you RED! This is the least I could contribute for such a loving and hardworking human being. Glad to know this reached you! Stay tuned for much more!
      Cheers,
      Maanasa

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Terrific Twelve!

Hi guys! I have crossed yet another milestone! Today, I'm turning twelve! From the time I was in my mother's womb till this very moment, these twelve years have been absolutely exciting and adventurous. The experiences I've had have taught me life's greatest lessons that will always be in my pocket throughout my journey. Turning twelve is often viewed as one of the biggest milestones in a person's life (stepping into tweenhood and much closer to teenage) as it is the last birthday one celebrates as a child and also the first one feeling like a tiny adult! Though I like thinking and planning ahead like an adult would, I still feel, learn and create with the heart of a nine-year-old perhaps. The innocence and creativity of a kid is always greater than the arrogant know-it-all attitude of a teen or adult. I definitely do feel much more matured by thought and response today. I have evolved as a person. Hitting twelve, I suddenly feel so grown up (alm

Baby footprints on time

Hello readers! Here's some really exciting and heartwarming news - Fledgling is turning one! No matter how many things we have done or achieved, those 'first-times' always capture a special place in our hearts. That first-time element is what drove me to write this thoughtful letter to my soul. This post marks one of my most emotional moments, hitting a new milestone with my most cherished partner in this journey, my dear Fledgling. It's been a year since we hatched open, taking a first glimpse of the outside world as soft sunshine peeked in at dawn. Now, before we knew it, we had started flying across the cliffs! It has been an amazing roller-coaster ride this year, definitely not one without potholes and bumps. But the thrill of turning one with something I hadn't even considered urges me to write more and more, as thoughts and feelings gush through. This journey has been a passionate one and we have also remarkably improved over the months of over

Simplicity of truth

Hello everyone! Do you believe in miracles? Well, I didn't until last week. So read on to know my story. Just a couple of days ago, I had my first book fair experience and unexpectedly bumped into some of my favorite authors and orators. My eyes scanned every stall for the novels I had listed the day before and for the posters I had wanted for my bedroom. I did manage to get my hands on a couple of novels at Penguin and many other publications but only after a few hours did the magic happen! Notionpress' contest rush notice somehow caught my eye and I instinctively walked in to enquire on that. That's when I met my now-mentor Ms. Meera Barath, the mind behind Mayaakatha, an engrossing collage of thought bubbles. I had no idea she was an author, so I walked up to her and told her that I was searching for a new writer to explore and whether she could help me find some. That's when she took me to the stand where several copies of Mayaakatha were placed. S