Skip to main content

Fledgling turns 2!


Hey there! I have some amazing news to share. Fledgling is turning two today!


Time does seem to fly by. My humble beginning with Fledgling, exactly two years ago, just seems like yesterday. Not too long ago, I was a perky ten-year-old who just loved writing. Here I am, two years later, now something much more.

A lot of miracles have crashed upon my life in these two years. In early 2018, I finally decided to let the world see my work. I was finally ready to push and tear my cocoon open to show the world my colourful wings. A year later, I wove some of my stories together and published my first book Solitude, something I will never forget. Months later, I started writing local articles for newspapers and magazines and later tried my hand at writing for anthologies.

This journey has been so exciting and memorable. Every time I look back, I find beautiful memories I will always cherish, like the night I published my first post on Fledgling. That thrill and high I get from writing and publishing is something I will never get bored of.

It is still quite hard to believe Fledgling has surpassed the two-year milestone. Flashing back, shaping and channelizing my writing on Fledgling and eventually publishing it to show the world would have been beyond my dreams. Finally, the whispers once contained in my diaries are now loud and clear.

Coming to Fledgling, it has been my sole companion through tough times. When reality was too painful to bear, I turned to Fledgling and quietly slipped into the world of clacking keyboards and gushing voices in my head. When I was too broken, I painted my dreams on the wall we call Fledgling. When I slaved under pressure, I built my own kingdom in the world I call Fledgling and crowned myself the empress.

I still remember the night I published my very first post on Fledgling. The hours crept closer to midnight and I crouched in front of the laptop, editing my first post. I wanted to remember this moment. I mumbled a silent countdown with a growing grin and the moment I clicked the 'Publish' button, I was already dancing and swimming in the dreamy clouds. A time when all families were long tucked in their beds and fast asleep, I was screaming and bubbling with excitement. My writing, which once only I had been reading, gave way to readership scattered across the globe.

I had to name my blog in a word that would describe me best. When I was wondering what to name my blog, the word Fledgling popped up in our heads. Ever since, that has remained my identity I will proudly sport.

No matter what I acheive in future, Fledgling will always be my roots. My thanks and hugs for everyone, starting from Meera ma'am, who greatly inspired and influenced my writing. I would like to thank my family, who have supported and cheered me throughout this journey. A big thank you to my mom, for introducing the world of writing and literature to me. If not for my dad's technical support, I would not have been able to create Fledgling and begin this wonderful journey. Last but not the least, the biggest thank you is for you, who helped me grow into a confident being with your constant support and for motivating me throughout these two years, which I hope you will in future too.

I just want to end this personal letter of mine with a thank you for everyone who has been a part of this journey. To many more years ahead!


#excited  #FledglingTouchesTwo  ##happytimes   #DownTheMemoryLane  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Terrific Twelve!

Hi guys! I have crossed yet another milestone! Today, I'm turning twelve! From the time I was in my mother's womb till this very moment, these twelve years have been absolutely exciting and adventurous. The experiences I've had have taught me life's greatest lessons that will always be in my pocket throughout my journey. Turning twelve is often viewed as one of the biggest milestones in a person's life (stepping into tweenhood and much closer to teenage) as it is the last birthday one celebrates as a child and also the first one feeling like a tiny adult! Though I like thinking and planning ahead like an adult would, I still feel, learn and create with the heart of a nine-year-old perhaps. The innocence and creativity of a kid is always greater than the arrogant know-it-all attitude of a teen or adult. I definitely do feel much more matured by thought and response today. I have evolved as a person. Hitting twelve, I suddenly feel so grown up (alm

Baby footprints on time

Hello readers! Here's some really exciting and heartwarming news - Fledgling is turning one! No matter how many things we have done or achieved, those 'first-times' always capture a special place in our hearts. That first-time element is what drove me to write this thoughtful letter to my soul. This post marks one of my most emotional moments, hitting a new milestone with my most cherished partner in this journey, my dear Fledgling. It's been a year since we hatched open, taking a first glimpse of the outside world as soft sunshine peeked in at dawn. Now, before we knew it, we had started flying across the cliffs! It has been an amazing roller-coaster ride this year, definitely not one without potholes and bumps. But the thrill of turning one with something I hadn't even considered urges me to write more and more, as thoughts and feelings gush through. This journey has been a passionate one and we have also remarkably improved over the months of over

Simplicity of truth

Hello everyone! Do you believe in miracles? Well, I didn't until last week. So read on to know my story. Just a couple of days ago, I had my first book fair experience and unexpectedly bumped into some of my favorite authors and orators. My eyes scanned every stall for the novels I had listed the day before and for the posters I had wanted for my bedroom. I did manage to get my hands on a couple of novels at Penguin and many other publications but only after a few hours did the magic happen! Notionpress' contest rush notice somehow caught my eye and I instinctively walked in to enquire on that. That's when I met my now-mentor Ms. Meera Barath, the mind behind Mayaakatha, an engrossing collage of thought bubbles. I had no idea she was an author, so I walked up to her and told her that I was searching for a new writer to explore and whether she could help me find some. That's when she took me to the stand where several copies of Mayaakatha were placed. S