Skip to main content

The Woman Of Twilight


In the mystic realms of twilight
Resting in the fragile lap of the water lily
The sweeping breeze, heavy with scent
Her fragrant white blossoms,
Gently wrapped around her flowing locks
Dewy and pious as her, like still water
Flowing and swirling like the stars
Flavoring the nightly breeze

The smoky dusk, curled up like a child in her eyes
Glistening moist in the soft moonlight
Her crestfallen eyes a deluge
Of rejection and shame
Of delicious passion and hope
To craft her own story
Every drop, hushed behind the dark kohl lines
A marriage of ink in melancholy

The blushing sun, soaring in the tan sky
Of fire and passion's thirst
As she lies forlorn
Melting in the dry, thirsty flames
In the gloom of the nightly mist

The strangled tears left uncried
Like unborn words trapped in her lips
Slowly groans and escapes her eyelids
Her sorrowful droplets, stroking the tender daffodils
Clinging onto the milky petals
Pleading to protect the delicate slumber
To kill the fiery thirst of dawn
The lively darkness
Of hushed voices and rested bodies
Some fed, some barren
The turmoiled folks, with tiresome energy
Their swollen eyes, burdened with dreams
The happy children, in their play
Saliva peeking in the corners of their mouths
Drooling dreams in twilight oblivion

All for the woman of nightly dreams
Her eyes, still lost and searching
For joy, amid tears
For laughter, amid sorrow

Under the blanket of darkness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Terrific Twelve!

Hi guys! I have crossed yet another milestone! Today, I'm turning twelve! From the time I was in my mother's womb till this very moment, these twelve years have been absolutely exciting and adventurous. The experiences I've had have taught me life's greatest lessons that will always be in my pocket throughout my journey. Turning twelve is often viewed as one of the biggest milestones in a person's life (stepping into tweenhood and much closer to teenage) as it is the last birthday one celebrates as a child and also the first one feeling like a tiny adult! Though I like thinking and planning ahead like an adult would, I still feel, learn and create with the heart of a nine-year-old perhaps. The innocence and creativity of a kid is always greater than the arrogant know-it-all attitude of a teen or adult. I definitely do feel much more matured by thought and response today. I have evolved as a person. Hitting twelve, I suddenly feel so grown up (alm

Baby footprints on time

Hello readers! Here's some really exciting and heartwarming news - Fledgling is turning one! No matter how many things we have done or achieved, those 'first-times' always capture a special place in our hearts. That first-time element is what drove me to write this thoughtful letter to my soul. This post marks one of my most emotional moments, hitting a new milestone with my most cherished partner in this journey, my dear Fledgling. It's been a year since we hatched open, taking a first glimpse of the outside world as soft sunshine peeked in at dawn. Now, before we knew it, we had started flying across the cliffs! It has been an amazing roller-coaster ride this year, definitely not one without potholes and bumps. But the thrill of turning one with something I hadn't even considered urges me to write more and more, as thoughts and feelings gush through. This journey has been a passionate one and we have also remarkably improved over the months of over

Simplicity of truth

Hello everyone! Do you believe in miracles? Well, I didn't until last week. So read on to know my story. Just a couple of days ago, I had my first book fair experience and unexpectedly bumped into some of my favorite authors and orators. My eyes scanned every stall for the novels I had listed the day before and for the posters I had wanted for my bedroom. I did manage to get my hands on a couple of novels at Penguin and many other publications but only after a few hours did the magic happen! Notionpress' contest rush notice somehow caught my eye and I instinctively walked in to enquire on that. That's when I met my now-mentor Ms. Meera Barath, the mind behind Mayaakatha, an engrossing collage of thought bubbles. I had no idea she was an author, so I walked up to her and told her that I was searching for a new writer to explore and whether she could help me find some. That's when she took me to the stand where several copies of Mayaakatha were placed. S